This Terms of Service was last revised: 3/1/2023.
PLEASE READ THIS TERMS OF SERVICE AGREEMENT (“Agreement”, “Terms,” or “Terms of Service”) CAREFULLY.
VotePlus10, Inc. d/b/a Impactree (“Impactree”, “we”, “us”, “our” or similar terms) provides its Services (as defined below) to you subject to these Terms of Service, wherein “you” are a donor, personal or charitable fundraiser organizer (“Event Host”), beneficiary of a fundraiser, or other type of user of the Services – each also referred to herein as a “User”.
“Services” means our products and services related to our public website (“Website”) and donation forms (“Forms”), whether hosted by us or a third party, and the management sites available to donors, fundraiser beneficiaries, and event hosts. There is a separate Terms of Service (Terms of Service: Non-Public Services) that covers our the Impactree platform; tools for managing customer activation and employee engagement; our application programming interfaces; our management tools for nonprofits and brands; and our back-end services.
BY ACCESSING OR USING ANY OF OUR SERVICES IN ANY WAY, INCLUDING:
– MAKING AN ONLINE DONATION,
– COMPLETING ANY OTHER ACCOUNT REGISTRATION PROCESS,
– CLICKING ON AN “I ACCEPT” CHECKBOX,
– AND/OR BROWSING THE WEBSITE
YOU REPRESENT THAT (1) YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTAND, AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF SERVICE, (2) YOU ARE OF LEGAL AGE TO FORM A BINDING CONTRACT WITH IMPACTREE, AND (3) YOU HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO ENTER INTO THE TERMS OF SERVICE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF SERVICE, YOU MAY NOT ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICES. If Impactree, or any third party service provider acting on our behalf, at any time discovers that the information you provided about you or your use of any Service is incorrect or violates any of these Terms, the Services may be suspended and/or terminated with immediate effect.
If you are under thirteen (13) years of age, you are not authorized to use the Services, with or without registering. In addition, if you are under eighteen (18) years of age, you may only use the Services, with or without registering, with the approval of your parent or legal guardian.
If you are using the Services on behalf of an organization or entity (“Organization”), then you are agreeing to these Terms on behalf of that Organization and you represent and warrant that you have the authority to bind the Organization to these Terms. In that case, “you” and “your” refers to you and that Organization.
We may link to or present additional terms for certain of our Services. If you use those Services, you agree to follow our “Supplemental Terms” for such Services (and those Supplemental Terms will be deemed to be part of these Terms). In the event that those Supplemental Terms, either in whole or in part, are in conflict with any portion of these Terms, the Supplemental Terms will control with respect to such Services.
THE TERMS OF SERVICE REQUIRE THE USE OF ARBITRATION ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS TO RESOLVE DISPUTES, RATHER THAN JURY TRIALS OR CLASS ACTIONS, AND ALSO LIMIT THE REMEDIES AVAILABLE TO YOU IN THE EVENT OF A DISPUTE.
We may change or stop providing any features of the Services, or the Services themselves, at any time without any notice.
We may at our sole discretion change, add, or delete portions of these Terms at any time on a going-forward basis. It is your responsibility to check these Terms for changes prior to use of the Services, and in any event your continued use of the Services following the posting of changes to these Terms constitutes your acceptance of any changes. We will notify you of any such material changes by posting notice of the changes at https://www.impactree.com/tos/ and/or, in our sole discretion, by email.
Our Services include systems that accept and process donations (“Donations”) from donors and then either:
(1) re-grant those Donations to charities and other qualifying tax-exempt organizations displayed by Impactree Foundation (a “Charity” or “Charities”). Impactree works with the Impactree Foundation, a registered 501(c)(3) tax-exempt public charity (the “Foundation”). The Foundation is an independent, tax-exempt nonprofit that is the initial recipient of all donations made through the Services. When you make a donation to a charity through Impactree-facilitated services, you first make a Donation to Impactree Foundation, which then regrants your Donation, after administration and technology fees as described below, by remitting certain amount to the donor’s designated Charity (“Regrant”); or
(2) deliver those Donations either to the organizer of a personal fundraiser or to an individual they designate. These donations are not to the nonprofit Impactree Foundation and are not tax-deductible to the donor.
Impactree provides a platform for processing Donations and facilitating Donation transactions. We have no control over any Charity, personal fundraiser host, or donor, their conduct, or the information they provide.
We do not verify information provided by a Charity or personal fundraiser host. The personal fundraiser host creates the description of the fundraiser. Similarly, Charities are able to edit some of the information in our database and presented on our Website and to other websites using our tools. We expressly disclaim any liability or responsibility for the accuracy of information about any Charity or personal fundraiser, or whether Donations are used as described or in accordance with the law. Those responsibilities are solely with the respective Charity or personal fundraiser host.
We review Charities to ensure that they are in good standing with the Internal Revenue Service or their domestic regulatory authority. We review personal fundraisers for potential fraudulent activity, misuse of funds, or other indications that the funds will not be used as represented. If you become aware of any such behavior, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Website may contain pages featuring Charities to receive Regrants of Donations, but the existence of these pages on the Website or Services does not constitute a solicitation of donations.
We are not a financial, tax, or law firm. Do not rely on information we provide to assess the implications of using the Services, especially making or receiving donations. Consult your own professional advisors.
If you are a donor, it is your responsibility to:
– ensure that you are donating to the correct charity or personal fundraiser; and
– understand how your money will be used; and
– understand the tax, legal, and other implications of your Donations. We will email you a receipt immediately after processing indicating that your payment was to a charity or a personal fundraiser host or their designated beneficiary, but your own tax situation will determine the deductibility of any donation to a charity.
If the Event Host has set a goal, your donation will be processed (virtually immediately), whether or not the goal is met.
Donations to Charities made through the Services are complete and final charitable gifts to the Foundation, and are not refundable. To comply with federal tax laws and Internal Revenue Service regulations, the Foundation must have exclusive authority, discretion, and legal control over all Donations.
If you are an Event Host, it is your responsibility to select the correct charity. Many organizations have similar names, or chapters operating in different regions.
The Foundation makes every reasonable effort to respect the wishes of its donors. In the unusual event that donor’s recommended Charity does not satisfy the Foundation’s criteria or we are unable to reasonably deliver payment (e.g., lost IRS charity designation, suspicion of illegal activities, moved and unable to redeliver payment), the Foundation may select an alternate Charity to receive those Donations. We will attempt to find an organization with a similar mission in the same geographic area.
The amount of any Regrant will be based on the donor’s Recommendation less applicable processing fees. The Foundation may pool Regrants from multiple Users together, but will generally make Regrants to the advised Charity within 45 days or less following receipt of your Recommendation, unless the combined total to be paid to the Charity is less than $20 or there are deliverability problems. Impactree reserves the right to establish minimum amounts and other restrictions for any Regrant.
The Services may offer a donor the ability to indicate preferences for specific use of the funds by a Charity in a Recommendation. Such preference will be noted in the communication to the Charity accompanying the Regrant, but this does not guarantee that funds will be used in a manner consistent with any such preference, and neither we nor the Foundation are responsible for or will be held liable for the ultimate handling of such preferences. You hereby acknowledge that any designation of a Donation’s use is merely an expression of preference and does not give rise to any contractual obligations. Impactree reserves the right in its sole discretion to remove text from this field before it is provided to the designated Charity, for example, if Impactree deems it inappropriate, offensive or misrepresentative.
Donations to personal fundraisers will be refunded after no more than 90 days if the personal fundraisers host has not configured a method to transfer funds to their bank account or that of their designated beneficiary, or has failed one of our verification checks. Such refund will only be on the same card that made the original donation. We will email you when we make such a refund.
If you are making a donation to a personal fundraiser, we process your payment method immediately, whether or not the personal fundraisers host has completed setup to enable themselves to receive payments and whether or not they have reached their goal for the fundraiser.
In addition to this Agreement, personal fundraiser Hosts and Beneficiaries are subject to our Terms of Service — Personal Fundraiser Hosts and Beneficiaries policy available at https://www.impactree.com/tos/.
Your donation(s), whether one-time or recurring, will be processed via DonorBox. You must provide DonorBox with a valid credit card (Visa, MasterCard, or any other issuer we accept) or other payment method available. Your payment provider agreement with DonorBox governs your use of the platform, and you must refer to that agreement and not this Agreement to determine your rights and liabilities. By providing DonorBox with your credit card number and associated payment information, you agree that DonorBox is authorized to immediately process your donation, for all fees and charges due and payable to DonorBox hereunder and that no additional notice or consent is required. You agree to immediately notify DonorBox of any change in your billing address or the credit card or PayPal account used for payment hereunder.
If you select a recurring Donation, you accept responsibility for all recurring charges prior to cancellation. WE MAY SUBMIT PERIODIC CHARGES (E.G., MONTHLY) WITHOUT FURTHER AUTHORIZATION FROM YOU, UNTIL YOU PROVIDE PRIOR NOTICE (RECEIPT OF WHICH IS CONFIRMED BY US) THAT YOU HAVE TERMINATED THIS AUTHORIZATION OR WISH TO CHANGE YOUR PAYMENT PROVIDER. SUCH NOTICE WILL NOT AFFECT CHARGES SUBMITTED BEFORE WE REASONABLY COULD ACT. TO TERMINATE YOUR AUTHORIZATION OR CHANGE YOUR PAYMENT METHOD, GO TO Impactree.COM.
You must notify us in writing within seven (7) days after receiving your credit card statement if you dispute any of our charges on that statement or such dispute will be deemed waived. Billing disputes should be submitted at email@example.com.
Any payment to us made via a payment card, whether intended for a charitable organization or personal fundraiser, is assessed a 2.9% + 30¢ charge. This amount is deducted from the amount regranted to the designated charity or paid to the personal fundraiser beneficiary and is primarily used to pay third party payment processor costs.
– If there is a “cover our costs” checkbox, the payment card amount is increased and the payment card processing fee is not deducted from the donation. See description in the next section.
– A commercial partner or sponsor has agreed to pay for payment card processing for donations on a specific site or to a specific cause or charitable organization.
In cases where there is no optional tip on a donation form, there is a 3% Technology Fee deducted from the amount regranted to the designated charity or paid to the personal fundraiser beneficiary.
– One of our commercial partners or sponsors may pay for the payment card processing and technology fees for donation forms hosted on a specific site or to a specific cause or charitable organization; or we have a written agreement to waive the processing fee.
– Employee engagement programs have a separate fee structure per an agreement between the employer and Impactree.
At the end of every calendar month, we calculate the amounts received for every charitable organization, net of the fees above, and send US charitable organizations payment for all amounts greater than $20. We charge a $5 processing fee per paper check.
For payments to non-US charities not registered as 501c3 organizations with the IRS, we partner with international nonprofits who handle the disbursements to the recipients. They will charge a 5% fee against the amount of the donations that we send to them. They may aggregate payments due to a specific organization across multiple months in order for the disbursements to be economic.
Our Services and the information and content they deliver (as these terms are defined below) (collectively, the “Impactree Properties”) are protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws throughout the world. As between you and us, we are the sole owner of all rights, title and interest in and to the Impactree Properties, including any intellectual property rights contained therein. Subject to the Terms, Impactree hereby grants you a limited license to reproduce portions of the Impactree Properties for the sole purpose of using the Services for your personal or internal business purposes. Unless otherwise specified by Impactree in a separate license, your right to use any Impactree Properties is subject to the Terms.
Use of any online software (such as our web applications and embedded engagement solutions for e-commerce websites and digital platforms) and associated documentation (jointly, “Software”) is governed by the terms of the license agreement that accompanies or is included with the Software, or by the license agreement expressly stated on the website page(s) accompanying the Software. These license terms may be posted with the Software downloads or at the website page where the Software can be accessed. You shall not use, download or install any Software that is accompanied by or includes a license agreement unless you agree to the terms of such license agreement. At no time will Impactree provide you with any tangible copy of our Software. Impactree shall deliver access to the Software via electronic transfer or download and shall not use or deliver any tangible media in connection with the:
(1) delivery, installation, updating or problem resolution of any Software (including any new releases); or
(2) delivery, correction or updating of documentation. For the purposes of this section tangible media shall include, but not be limited to, any tape disk, compact disk, card, flash drive, or any other comparable physical medium.
Unless the accompanying license agreement expressly allows otherwise, any copying or redistribution of the Software is prohibited, including any copying or redistribution of the Software to any other server or location, or redistribution or use on a service bureau basis. If there is any conflict between the Terms and the license agreement, the license agreement shall take precedence in relation to that Software (except as provided in the following sentence). If the Software is a pre-release version, then, notwithstanding anything to the contrary included within an accompanying license agreement, you are not permitted to use or otherwise rely on the Software for any commercial or production purposes. If no license agreement accompanies use of the Software, use of the Software will be governed by the Terms. Subject to your compliance with the Terms, Impactree hereby grants you a non-assignable, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, revocable non-exclusive license to use the Software for the sole purpose of enabling you to use the Services in the manner permitted by the Terms. Some Software may be offered under an open source license that we will make available to you. There may be provisions in the open source license that expressly override some of these Terms.
You understand that the Impactree Properties are evolving. As a result, Impactree may require you to accept updates to the Impactree Properties that you have installed on your computer or mobile device. You acknowledge and agree that Impactree may update the Impactree Properties with or without notifying you. You may need to update third-party software from time to time in order to use the Impactree Properties.
The rights granted to you in the Terms are subject to the following restrictions:
(1) you shall not license, sell, rent, lease, transfer, assign, reproduce, distribute, host or otherwise commercially exploit the Impactree Properties or any portion of the Impactree Properties, including the Website;
(2) you shall not frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo, or other Impactree Properties (including images, text, page layout or form) of Impactree;
(3) you shall not use any metatags or other “hidden text” using Impactree’s name or trademarks;
(4) you shall not modify, translate, adapt, merge, make derivative works of, disassemble, decompile, reverse compile or reverse engineer any part of the Impactree Properties except to the extent the foregoing restrictions are expressly prohibited by applicable law;
(5) you shall not use any manual or automated software, devices or other processes (including but not limited to spiders, robots, scrapers, crawlers, avatars, data mining tools or the like) to “scrape” or download data from any web pages contained in the Website (except that we grant the operators of public search engines revocable permission to use spiders to copy materials from the Website for the sole purpose of and solely to the extent necessary for creating publicly available searchable indices of the materials, but not caches or archives of such materials);
(6) access the Impactree Properties in order to build a similar or competitive website, application or service;
(7) except as expressly stated herein, no part of the Impactree Properties may be copied, reproduced, distributed, republished, downloaded, displayed, posted or transmitted in any form or by any means; and
(8) you shall not remove or destroy any copyright notices or other proprietary markings contained on or in the Impactree Properties. Any future release, update or other addition to the Impactree Properties shall be subject to the Terms. Impactree, its suppliers and service providers reserve all rights not granted in the Terms. Any unauthorized use of the Impactree Properties terminates the licenses granted by Impactree pursuant to the Terms.
As a part of the Impactree Properties, you may have access to materials that are hosted by another party. You agree that it is impossible for Impactree to monitor such materials and that you access these materials at your own risk.
When you use our Services on a mobile device, we may also collect location information from the GPS functionality on your device. You hereby authorize us and our Services to take such actions and access such data. You hereby authorize the Application to access such components of your mobile device. You can grant or revoke your consent at any time and prevent us from continuing to access your GPS information by changing the settings on your device.
In order to access certain features of the Impactree Properties you may be required to become a Registered User. For purposes of the Terms, a “Registered User” is a User who has registered an account (“Account”) or has a valid account on the social networking service (“SNS”) such as Google, Twitter, Facebook, or LinkedIn through which the User has connected to the Services (each such account, a “Third-Party Account”).
If you access the Services through a SNS as part of the functionality of the Services or otherwise connect your Third-Party Account to our Services, you may link your Account with Third-Party Accounts, by allowing Impactree to access your Third-Party Account, as is permitted under the applicable terms and conditions that govern your use of each Third-Party Account. You represent that you are entitled to grant Impactree access to your Third-Party Account (including, but not limited to, for use for the purposes described herein) without breach by you of any of the terms and conditions that govern your use of the applicable Third-Party Account and without obligating Impactree to pay any fees or making Impactree subject to any usage limitations imposed by such third-party service providers. By granting Impactree access to any Third-Party Accounts, you understand that Impactree may access, make available and store (if applicable) any information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages, tags and/or other materials accessible through the Impactree Properties (“Content”) that you have provided to and stored in your Third-Party Account (“SNS Content”) so that it is available on and through the Impactree Properties via your Account. Unless otherwise specified in the Terms, all SNS Content shall be considered to be Your Content (as defined below) for all purposes of the Terms. Depending on the Third-Party Accounts you choose and subject to the privacy settings that you have set in such Third-Party Accounts, personally identifiable information that you post to your Third-Party Accounts may be available on and through your Account on the Impactree Properties. Please note that if a Third-Party Account or associated service becomes unavailable or Impactree’s access to such Third-Party Account is terminated by the third-party service provider, then SNS Content will no longer be available on and through the Impactree Properties. You have the ability to disable the connection between your Account and your Third-Party Accounts at any time by accessing the “Settings” section of the Website. PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH THE THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS ASSOCIATED WITH YOUR THIRD-PARTY ACCOUNTS IS GOVERNED SOLELY BY YOUR AGREEMENT(S) WITH SUCH THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS, AND Impactree DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY FOR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION THAT MAY BE PROVIDED TO IT BY SUCH THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS IN VIOLATION OF THE PRIVACY SETTINGS THAT YOU HAVE SET IN SUCH THIRD-PARTY ACCOUNTS. Impactree makes no effort to review any SNS Content for any purpose, including but not limited to, for accuracy, legality or noninfringement, and Impactree is not responsible for any SNS Content.
In registering for the Services, you agree to (1) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the Services’ registration form (the “Registration Data”); and (2) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. You represent that you are (1) at least thirteen (13) years old; (2) of legal age to form a binding contract; and (3) not a person barred from using the Impactree Properties under the laws of the United States, your place of residence or any other applicable jurisdiction. You are responsible for all activities that occur under your Account. You agree that you shall monitor your Account to restrict use by minors, and you will accept full responsibility for any unauthorized use of the Impactree Properties by minors. You may not share your Account or password with anyone, and you agree to (1) notify Impactree immediately of any unauthorized use of your password or any other breach of security; and (2) exit from your Account at the end of each session. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or Impactree has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, Impactree has the right to suspend or terminate your Account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Impactree Properties (or any portion thereof). You agree not to create an Account using a false identity or information, or on behalf of someone other than yourself. You agree that you shall not have more than one Account per platform or SNS at any given time. Impactree reserves the right to remove or reclaim any usernames at any time and for any reason, including but not limited to, claims by a third party that a username violates the third party’s rights. You agree not to create an Account or use the Impactree Properties if you have been previously removed by Impactree, or if you have been previously banned from any of the Impactree Properties.
You must provide all equipment and software necessary to connect to the Impactree Properties, including but not limited to, a mobile device that is suitable to connect with and use the Impactree Properties, in cases where the Services offer a mobile component. You are solely responsible for any fees, including Internet connection or mobile fees, that you incur when accessing the Impactree Properties.
You acknowledge that all Content, including the Impactree Properties, is the sole responsibility of the party from whom such Content originated. This means that you, and not Impactree, are entirely responsible for all Content that you upload, post, e-mail, transmit or otherwise make available (“Make Available”) through the Impactree Properties (“Your Content”), and other Users of the Impactree Properties, and not Impactree, are similarly responsible for all Content they Make Available through the Impactree Properties (“User Content”).
You acknowledge that Impactree has no obligation to pre-screen Content (including, but not limited to, Your Content and User Content), although Impactree reserves the right in its sole discretion to pre-screen, refuse or remove any Content. By entering into the Terms, you hereby provide your irrevocable consent to such monitoring. You acknowledge and agree that you have no expectation of privacy concerning the transmission of Your Content, including without limitation chat, text, or voice communications. In the event that Impactree pre-screens, refuses or removes any Content, you acknowledge that Impactree will do so for Impactree’s benefit, not yours. Without limiting the foregoing, Impactree shall have the right to remove any Content that violates the Terms or is otherwise objectionable.
Unless expressly agreed to by Impactree in writing elsewhere, Impactree has no obligation to store any of Your Content that you Make Available on the Impactree Properties. Impactree has no responsibility or liability for the deletion or accuracy of any Content, including Your Content; the failure to store, transmit or receive transmission of Content; or the security, privacy, storage, or transmission of other communications originating with or involving use of the Impactree Properties. Certain Services may enable you to specify the level at which such Services restrict access to Your Content. You are solely responsible for applying the appropriate level of access to Your Content. If you do not choose, the system may default to its most permissive setting. You agree that Impactree retains the right to create reasonable limits on Impactree’s use and storage of the Content, including Your Content, such as limits on file size, storage space, processing capacity, and similar limits described in the web pages accompanying the Services and as otherwise determined by Impactree in its sole discretion.
Except with respect to Your Content and User Content, you agree that Impactree and its suppliers own all rights, title and interest in the Impactree Properties. You will not remove, alter or obscure any copyright, trademark, service mark or other proprietary rights notices incorporated in or accompanying the Services, or the Impactree Properties.
Impactree and other related graphics, logos, service marks and trade names used on or in connection with the Impactree Properties or in connection with the Services are the trademarks of Impactree and may not be used without permission in connection with any third-party products or services. Other trademarks, service marks and trade names that may appear on or in the Impactree Properties are the property of their respective owners.
Except with respect to Your Content, you agree that you have no right or title in or to any Content that appears on or in the Impactree Properties.
Impactree does not claim ownership of Your Content. However, when you as a User post or publish Your Content on or in the Impactree Properties, you represent and warrant that you own and/or have a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, non-exclusive right (including any moral rights) and license to use, license, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, derive revenue or other remuneration from, and communicate to the public, perform and display Your Content (in whole or in part) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, for the full term of any worldwide intellectual property right that may exist in Your Content.
Subject to any applicable account settings that you select, you grant Impactree a fully paid, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive and fully sublicensable right (including any moral rights) and license to use, license, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publicly perform, publicly display, derive revenue or other remuneration from, and communicate to the public, Your Content (in whole or in part) and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, for the full term of any worldwide intellectual property right, including moral rights, that may exist in Your Content. Please remember that other Users may search for, see, use, modify and reproduce any of Your Content that you submit to any “public” area of the Impactree Properties. You warrant that the holder of any worldwide intellectual property right, including moral rights, in Your Content, has completely and effectively waived all such rights and validly and irrevocably granted to you the right to grant the license stated above. You agree that you, not Impactree, are responsible for all of Your Content that you Make Available on or in the Impactree Properties.
Notwithstanding anything contained herein to the contrary, by submitting Your Content to any forums, comments or any other area on the Impactree Properties, you hereby expressly permit Impactree to identify you by your username (which may be a pseudonym) as the contributor of Your Content in any publication in any form, media or technology now known or later developed in connection with Your Content.
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, you acknowledge and agree that you shall have no ownership or other property interest in your Account, and you further acknowledge and agree that all rights in and to your Account are and shall forever be owned by and inure to the benefit of Impactree.
Any Content posted by you in your profile may not contain nudity, violence, sexually explicit, or offensive subject matter. You may not post or submit for print services a photograph of another person without that person’s permission.
You agree that submission of any ideas, suggestions, documents, and/or proposals to Impactree through its suggestion, feedback, wiki, forum or similar pages (“Feedback”) is at your own risk and that Impactree has no obligations (including without limitation obligations of confidentiality) with respect to such Feedback. You represent and warrant that you have all rights necessary to submit the Feedback. You hereby grant to Impactree a fully paid, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, non-exclusive, and fully sublicensable right and license to use, reproduce, perform, display, distribute, adapt, modify, re-format, create derivative works of, and otherwise commercially or non-commercially exploit in any manner, any and all Feedback, and to sublicense the foregoing rights, in connection with the operation and maintenance of the Impactree Properties.
You agree to comply with our Acceptable Use Policy.
You agree that you will not, under any circumstances (except to the extent expressly authorized by the Terms):
(1) Reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, trade, resell or exploit for any commercial purpose any portion of the Impactree Properties (including your Account), or access to or use of the Impactree Properties;
(2) Upload, post, e-mail, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation;
(3) Use the Impactree Properties or any part thereof for any commercial purpose, including, but not limited to communicating or facilitating any commercial advertisement or solicitation;
(4) Engage in any chain letters, contests, junk email, pyramid schemes, spamming, surveys or other duplicative or unsolicited messages (commercial or otherwise); or
(5) Market any goods or services for any business purposes.
Impactree may, but is not obligated to, monitor or review the Impactree Properties and Content at any time. Without limiting the foregoing, Impactree shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to remove any of Your Content for any reason (or no reason), including if such Content violates the Terms or any applicable law. Although Impactree does not generally monitor user activity occurring in connection with the Impactree Properties or Content, if Impactree becomes aware of any possible violations by you of any provision of the Terms, Impactree reserves the right to investigate such violations, and Impactree may, at its sole discretion, immediately terminate your license to use the Impactree Properties, or change, alter or remove Your Content, in whole or in part, without prior notice to you.
You are solely responsible for your interactions with other Users of the Services and any other parties with whom you interact through the Services; provided, however, that Impactree reserves the right, but has no obligation, to intercede in such disputes. You agree that Impactree will not be responsible for any liability incurred as the result of such interactions.
The Impactree Properties may contain User Content provided by other Users. Impactree is not responsible for and does not control User Content. Impactree has no obligation to review or monitor, and does not approve, endorse or make any representations or warranties with respect to User Content. You use all User Content and interact with other Users at your own risk.
Impactree does check the backgrounds of Charities, via independent third party services using federal tax identification numbers. However, it cannot guarantee that all Charities are and will be who they say they are. NEITHER Impactree NOR ITS AFFILIATES OR LICENSORS IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONDUCT, WHETHER ONLINE OR OFFLINE, OF ANY CHARITY IN THE SERVICE.
The Impactree Properties may contain links to third-party websites (“Third-Party Websites”). When you click on a link to a Third-Party Website, we will not warn you that you have left the Impactree Properties and are subject to the terms and conditions (including privacy policies) of another website or destination. Such Third-Party Websites are not under the control of Impactree, and Impactree is not responsible for any Third-Party Websites. Impactree links to these Third-Party Websites only as a convenience and does not review, approve, monitor, endorse, warrant, or make any representations with respect to Third-Party Websites, or their products or services. You use all links in Third-Party Websites at your own risk. When you leave our Website, our Terms and policies no longer govern. You should review applicable terms and policies, including privacy and data gathering practices, of any Third-Party Websites, and should make whatever investigation you feel necessary or appropriate before proceeding with any transaction with any third party.
You agree to indemnify and hold Impactree, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and the Foundation, and their officers, employees, agents, partners and licensors (collectively, the “Impactree Parties”) harmless from any losses, costs, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) relating to or arising out of:
(1) Your Content;
(2) your use of, or inability to use, the Impactree Properties;
(3) your violation of the Terms;
(4) your violation of any rights of another party, including any Users; or
(5) your violation of any applicable laws, rules or regulations.
Impactree reserves the right, at its own cost, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will fully cooperate with Impactree in asserting any available defenses. You agree that the provisions in this section will survive any termination of your Account, the Terms or your access to the Impactree Properties.
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOUR USE OF THE Impactree PROPERTIES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK, AND THE Impactree PROPERTIES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITH ALL FAULTS. Impactree PARTIES EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS, AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
(1) THE Impactree PARTIES MAKE NO WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION OR CONDITION THAT:
i. THE Impactree PROPERTIES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS;
ii. YOUR USE OF THE Impactree PROPERTIES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE;
iii. THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF THE Impactree PROPERTIES WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE; OR
iv. ANY ERRORS IN THE Impactree PROPERTIES WILL BE CORRECTED.
(2) ANY CONTENT DOWNLOADED FROM OR OTHERWISE ACCESSED THROUGH THE Impactree PROPERTIES IS ACCESSED AT YOUR OWN RISK, AND YOU SHALL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR PROPERTY OR PERSON, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM AND ANY DEVICE YOU USE TO ACCESS THE Impactree PROPERTIES, OR ANY OTHER LOSS THAT RESULTS FROM ACCESSING SUCH CONTENT.
(3) THE SERVICES MAY BE SUBJECT TO DELAYS, CANCELLATIONS AND OTHER DISRUPTIONS. Impactree MAKES NO WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION OR CONDITION WITH RESPECT TO SERVICES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE QUALITY, EFFECTIVENESS, REPUTATION AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS OF SERVICES.
(4) NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED FROM Impactree OR THROUGH THE Impactree PROPERTIES WILL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY MADE HEREIN.
(5) From time to time, Impactree may offer new “beta” features or tools with which its users may experiment. Such features or tools are offered solely for experimental purposes and without any warranty of any kind, and may be modified or discontinued at Impactree’s sole discretion. The provisions of this section apply with full force to such features or tools.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THE Impactree PARTIES ARE NOT LIABLE, AND YOU AGREE NOT TO SEEK TO HOLD THE Impactree PARTIES LIABLE, FOR THE CONDUCT OF THIRD PARTIES, INCLUDING OPERATORS OF EXTERNAL SITES, AND THAT THE RISK OF INJURY FROM SUCH THIRD PARTIES RESTS ENTIRELY WITH YOU. Impactree MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT THE SERVICES PROVIDED BY THIRD PARTIES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS.
YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL OF YOUR COMMUNICATIONS AND INTERACTIONS WITH OTHER USERS OF THE Impactree PROPERTIES. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT Impactree DOES NOT MAKE ANY ATTEMPT TO VERIFY THE STATEMENTS OF USERS OF THE Impactree PROPERTIES. Impactree MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES AS TO THE CONDUCT OF USERS OF THE Impactree PROPERTIES OR THEIR COMPATIBILITY WITH ANY CURRENT OR FUTURE USERS OF THE Impactree PROPERTIES. YOU AGREE TO TAKE REASONABLE PRECAUTIONS IN ALL COMMUNICATIONS AND INTERACTIONS WITH OTHER USERS OF THE Impactree PROPERTIES, PARTICULARLY IF YOU DECIDE TO MEET OFFLINE OR IN PERSON. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT Impactree DOES NOT CONDUCT BACKGROUND CHECKS ON ANY USER.
YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT IN NO EVENT SHALL Impactree PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE Impactree PROPERTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY DAMAGES RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS, WHETHER OR NOT Impactree HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY DAMAGES FOR PERSONAL OR BODILY INJURY OR EMOTIONAL DISTRESS ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE TERMS, OR FROM ANY COMMUNICATIONS, INTERACTIONS OR MEETINGS WITH OTHER USERS OF THE Impactree PROPERTIES, ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, RESULTING FROM: (1) THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE Impactree PROPERTIES; (2) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED FOR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH THE Impactree PROPERTIES; (3) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; (4) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE Impactree PROPERTIES; OR (5) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATED TO THE Impactree PROPERTIES, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, COPYRIGHT, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), PRODUCT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL THE Impactree PARTIES BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR MORE THAN FIFTY DOLLARS ($50).
THE Impactree PARTIES ASSUME NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE TIMELINESS, DELETION, MIS-DELIVERY OR FAILURE TO STORE ANY CONTENT (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, YOUR CONTENT AND USER CONTENT), USER COMMUNICATIONS OR PERSONALIZATION SETTINGS.
THE LIMITATIONS OF DAMAGES SET FORTH ABOVE ARE FUNDAMENTAL ELEMENTS OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN Impactree AND YOU.
CERTAIN JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MIGHT HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
It is Impactree’s policy to terminate membership privileges of any User who repeatedly infringes copyright upon prompt notification to Impactree by the copyright owner or the copyright owner’s legal agent. Without limiting the foregoing, if you believe that your work has been copied and posted on the Impactree Properties in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide our Copyright Agent with the following information: (1) an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest; (2) a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed; (3) a description of the location on the Impactree Properties of the material that you claim is infringing; (4) your address, telephone number and e-mail address; (5) a written statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; and (6) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf. Contact information for Impactree’s Copyright Agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement is as follows: Impactree, PO Box 304, San Geronimo CA, 94963.
The Terms commence on the date when you accept them (as described in the preamble above) and remain in full force and effect while you use the Impactree Properties, unless terminated earlier in accordance with the Terms.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, if you used the Impactree Properties prior to the date you accepted the Terms, you hereby acknowledge and agree that the Terms commenced on the date you first used the Impactree Properties (whichever is earlier) and will remain in full force and effect while you use the Impactree Properties, unless earlier terminated in accordance with the Terms.
Impactree reserves the right to modify, suspend or terminate any Services provided to you at any time for any reason. You agree that all terminations for cause shall be made in Impactree’s sole discretion and that Impactree shall not be liable to you or any third party for any termination of your Account.
If you want to terminate the Services provided by Impactree, you may do so by (a) notifying Impactree at any time and (b) closing your Account for all of the Services that you use. Your notice should be sent, in writing, to Impactree’s address set forth below.
Termination of any Service includes removal of access to such Service and barring of further use of the Service. Termination of all Services also includes deletion of your password and all related information, files and Content associated with or inside your Account (or any part thereof), including Your Content. Upon termination of any Service, your right to use such Service will automatically terminate immediately. You understand that any termination of Services may involve deletion of Your Content associated therewith from our live databases. Impactree will not have any liability whatsoever to you for any suspension or termination, including for deletion of Your Content. All provisions of the Terms which by their nature should survive, shall survive termination of Services, including without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, and limitation of liability.
If Impactree becomes aware of any possible violations by you of the Terms, Impactree reserves the right to investigate such violations. If, as a result of the investigation, Impactree believes that criminal activity has occurred, Impactree reserves the right to refer the matter to, and to cooperate with, any and all applicable legal authorities. Impactree is entitled, except to the extent prohibited by applicable law, to disclose any information or materials on or in the Impactree Properties, including Your Content, in Impactree’s possession in connection with your use of the Impactree Properties, to:
1. comply with applicable laws, legal process or governmental request;
2. enforce the Terms,
3. respond to any claims that Your Content violates the rights of third parties,
4. respond to your requests for customer service, or
5. protect the rights, property or personal safety of Impactree, its Users or the public, and all enforcement or other government officials, as Impactree in its sole discretion believes to be necessary or appropriate.
In the event that Impactree determines, in its sole discretion, that you have breached any portion of the Terms, or have otherwise demonstrated conduct inappropriate for the Impactree Properties, Impactree reserves the right to:
1. Warn you via e-mail (to any e-mail address you have provided to Impactree) that you have violated the Terms;
2. Delete any of Your Content provided by you or your agent(s) to the Impactree Properties;
3. Discontinue your registration(s) with the any of the Impactree Properties, including any Services or any Impactree community;
4. Discontinue your subscription to any Services;
5. Notify and/or send Content to and/or fully cooperate with the proper law enforcement authorities for further action; and/or
6. Pursue any other action which Impactree deems to be appropriate.
If your registration(s) with or ability to access the Impactree Properties, or any other Impactree community is discontinued by Impactree due to your violation of any portion of the Terms or for conduct otherwise inappropriate for the community, then you agree that you shall not attempt to re-register with or access the Impactree Properties or any Impactree community through use of a different member name or otherwise, and you acknowledge that you will not be entitled to receive a refund for fees related to those Impactree Properties to which your access has been terminated. In the event that you violate the immediately preceding sentence, Impactree reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to immediately take any or all of the actions set forth herein without any notice or warning to you.
The Impactree Properties can be accessed from countries around the world and may contain references to Services and Content that are not available in your country. These references do not imply that Impactree intends to announce such Services or Content in your country. The Impactree Properties are controlled and offered by Impactree from its facilities in the United States of America. Impactree makes no representations that the Impactree Properties are appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who access or use the Impactree Properties from other jurisdictions do so at their own volition and are responsible for compliance with local law.
The communications between you and Impactree use electronic means, whether you visit the Impactree Properties or send Impactree e-mails, or whether Impactree posts notices on the Impactree Properties or communicates with you via e-mail. For contractual purposes, you (1) consent to receive communications from Impactree in an electronic form; and (2) agree that all terms and conditions, agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that Impactree provides to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications would satisfy if it were to be in writing. The foregoing does not affect your statutory rights.
You hereby release the Impactree Parties and their successors from claims, demands, any and all losses, damages, rights, and actions of any kind, including personal injuries, death, and property damage, that is either directly or indirectly related to or arises from your use of the Impactree Properties, including but not limited to, any interactions with or conduct of other Users or Third-Party Websites of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the Terms or your use of the Impactree Properties. If you are a California resident, you hereby waive California Civil Code Section 1542, which states, “A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which, if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor.”
The Terms, and your rights and obligations hereunder, may not be assigned, subcontracted, delegated or otherwise transferred by you without Impactree’s prior written consent, and any attempted assignment, subcontract, delegation, or transfer in violation of the foregoing will be null and void.
Impactree shall not be liable for any delay or failure to perform resulting from causes outside its reasonable control, including, but not limited to, acts of God, war, terrorism, riots, embargos, acts of civil or military authorities, fire, floods, accidents, strikes or shortages of transportation facilities, fuel, energy, labor or materials.
If you believe that Impactree has not adhered to the Terms, please contact Impactree by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We will do our best to address your concerns. If you feel that your complaint has been addressed incompletely, we invite you to let us know for further investigation.
YOU AND Impactree AGREE THAT ANY CAUSE OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE TERMS, THE Impactree PROPERTIES OR THE CONTENT MUST COMMENCE WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES. OTHERWISE, SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION IS PERMANENTLY BARRED.
If you believe that Impactree has not adhered to the Terms, please contact Impactree by emailing email@example.com. We will do our best to address your concerns. If you feel that your complaint has been addressed incompletely, we invite you to let us know for further investigation
1. Any claim or dispute (excluding claims for injunctive or other equitable relief as set forth below) in connection with the Terms where the total amount of the award sought is less than Five Thousand U.S. Dollars (US $5,000.00) may be resolved in a cost effective manner through binding non-appearance-based arbitration, at the option of the party seeking relief. Such arbitration shall be initiated through an established alternative dispute resolution provider (“ADR Provider”) that offers arbitration as set forth in this section and under the rules of such ADR Provider, except to the extent such rules are in conflict with the Terms. The party demanding arbitration will propose an ADR Provider and the other party shall not unreasonably withhold consent to use such ADR Provider. The ADR Provider and the parties must comply with the following rules:
(i) the arbitration shall be conducted by telephone, online and/or be solely based on written submissions, the specific manner shall be chosen by the party initiating the arbitration;
(ii) all arbitration proceedings shall be held in English;
(iii) the arbitration shall not involve any personal appearance by the parties or witnesses unless otherwise mutually agreed to by the parties; and
(iv) any judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction.
2. Each party shall bear its own costs (including attorney fees) and disbursements arising out of the arbitration, and shall pay an equal share of the fees and costs of the ADR Provider. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Impactree may seek injunctive or other equitable relief to protect its intellectual property rights in any court of competent jurisdiction. Please note that the laws of the jurisdiction where you are located may be different from California law, including the laws governing what can legally be sold, bought, exported, offered or imported. You shall always comply with all the international and domestic laws, ordinances, regulations and statutes that are applicable to your use of the Impactree Properties.
3. Any other dispute (including whether the claims asserted are arbitrable) shall be referred to and finally determined by binding and confidential arbitration. Arbitration shall be subject to the Federal Arbitration Act and not any state arbitration law. The arbitration shall be conducted before one commercial arbitrator with substantial experience in resolving commercial contract disputes from the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”). As modified by the Terms, and unless otherwise agreed upon by the parties in writing, the arbitration will be governed by the AAA’s Commercial Arbitration Rules and, if the arbitrator deems them applicable, the Supplementary Procedures for Consumer Related Disputes (collectively “Rules and Procedures”).
4. You are thus GIVING UP YOUR RIGHT TO GO TO COURT to assert or defend your rights EXCEPT for matters that may be taken to small claims court. Your rights will be determined by a NEUTRAL ARBITRATOR and NOT a judge or jury. You are entitled to a FAIR HEARING, BUT the arbitration procedures are SIMPLER AND MORE LIMITED THAN RULES APPLICABLE IN COURT. Arbitrator decisions are as enforceable as any court order and are subject to VERY LIMITED REVIEW BY A COURT.You and Impactree must abide by the following rules:
i. ANY CLAIMS BROUGHT BY YOU OR Impactree MUST BE BROUGHT IN THE PARTIES’ INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING;
ii. THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE MORE THAN ONE PERSON’S CLAIMS, MAY NOT OTHERWISE PRESIDE OVER ANY FORM OF A REPRESENTATIVE OR CLASS PROCEEDING, AND MAY NOT AWARD CLASS-WIDE RELIEF;
iii. in the event that you are able to demonstrate that the costs of arbitration will be prohibitive as compared to costs of litigation, Impactree will pay as much of your filing and hearing fees in connection with the arbitration as the arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the arbitration from being cost-prohibitive as compared to the cost of litigation;
5. Impactree also reserves the right in its sole and exclusive discretion to assume responsibility for all of the costs of the arbitration;
i. the arbitrator shall honor claims of privilege and privacy recognized at law;
ii. the arbitration shall be confidential, and neither you nor we may disclose the existence, content or results of any arbitration, except as may be required by law or for the purposes of enforcement of the arbitration award;
iii. the arbitrator may award any individual relief or individual remedies that are permitted by applicable law;
iv. each side pays its own attorneys’ fees and expenses unless there is a statutory provision that requires the prevailing party to be paid its fees and litigation expenses, and then in such instance, the fees and costs awarded shall be determined by applicable law.
6. The arbitral proceedings, and all pleadings and written evidence will be in the English language. Any written evidence originally in a language other than English will be submitted in English translation accompanied by the original or true copy thereof. The English language version will control. The arbitrator shall issue a written award and statement of decision describing the essential findings and conclusions on which the award is based, including the calculation of any damages awarded. The arbitrator will not have authority to award damages in excess of the amount, or other than the types, allowed by Section 13 of the Terms. Judgment on the award of the arbitrator may be entered by any court of competent jurisdiction. The arbitrator also shall be authorized to grant any temporary, preliminary or permanent equitable remedy or relief it deems just and equitable and within the scope of the Terms, including, without limitation, an injunction or order for specific performance. The arbitration award shall be final and binding upon the parties without appeal or review except as permitted by California law or United States federal law.
7. Notwithstanding the foregoing, either you or Impactree may bring an individual action in small claims court. Further, claims of defamation, violation of the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act, and infringement or misappropriation of the other party’s patent, copyright, trademark, or trade secret shall not be subject to this arbitration agreement. Such claims shall be exclusively brought in the state or federal courts located in Hollywood, California. Additionally, notwithstanding this agreement to arbitrate, either party may seek emergency equitable relief before the state or federal courts located in Hollywood, California, in order to maintain the status quo pending arbitration, and hereby agree to submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction of the courts located within Hollywood, California for such purpose. A request for interim measures shall not be deemed a waiver of the right to arbitrate.
8. With the exception of (d)(i) and (ii) above (prohibiting arbitration on a class or collective basis), if any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid, unenforceable, or illegal, or otherwise conflicts with the Rules and Procedures, then the balance of this arbitration provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, illegal or conflicting provision were not contained herein. If, however, either (d)(i) or (ii) is found to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, then the entirety of this arbitration provision shall be null and void, and neither you nor Impactree shall be entitled to arbitration. If for any reason, a claim proceeds in court rather than in arbitration, the dispute shall be exclusively brought in state or federal court in Hollywood, California. By using the Impactree Properties in any manner, you agree to the above arbitration provision.
For more information on AAA, its Rules and Procedures, and how to file an arbitration claim, you may call AAA at 800-778-7879 or visit the AAA website at http://www.adr.org.
The Terms and any action related thereto will be governed and interpreted by and under the laws of the State of California, consistent with the Federal Arbitration Act, without giving effect to any principles that provide for the application of the law of another jurisdiction. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods does not apply to these Terms.
It is the express wish of the parties that the Terms and all related documents have been drawn up in English. C’est law volone expresse des parties que la presente convention ainsi que les documents qui s’y rattacent soient rediges en anglais.
Where Impactree requires that you provide an e-mail address, you are responsible for providing Impactree with your most current e-mail address. In the event that the last e-mail address you provided to Impactree is not valid, or for any reason is not capable of delivering to you any notices required/ permitted by the Terms, Impactree’s dispatch of the e-mail containing such notice will nonetheless constitute effective notice. You may give notice to Impactree at the following address: Impactree, PO Box 304, San Geronimo CA, 94963. Such notice shall be deemed given when received by Impactree by letter delivered by nationally recognized overnight delivery service or first class postage prepaid mail at the above address.
Any waiver or failure to enforce any provision of the Terms on one occasion will not be deemed a waiver of any other provision or of such provision on any other occasion.
If any provision of the Terms is, for any reason, held to be invalid or unenforceable, the other provisions of the Terms will remain enforceable, and the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed modified so that it is valid and enforceable to the maximum extent permitted by law.
You may not use, export, import, or transfer the Impactree Properties except as authorized by U.S. law, the laws of the jurisdiction in which you obtained the Impactree Properties, and any other applicable laws. In particular, but without limitation, the Impactree Properties may not be exported or re-exported (a) into any United States embargoed countries, or (b) to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department’s list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Denied Person’s List or Entity List. By using the Impactree Properties, you represent and warrant that (i) you are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country and (ii) you are not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties. You also will not use the Impactree Properties for any purpose prohibited by U.S. law, including the development, design, manufacture or production of missiles, nuclear, chemical or biological weapons. You acknowledge and agree that products, services or technology provided by Impactree are subject to the export control laws and regulations of the United States. You shall comply with these laws and regulations and shall not, without prior U.S. government authorization, export, re-export, or transfer the Impactree products, services or technology, either directly or indirectly, to any country in violation of such laws and regulations.
The Terms are the final, complete and exclusive agreement of the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes and merges all prior discussions between the parties with respect to such subject matter.
The following provisions shall apply only if you are located in the countries listed below.
A third party who is not a party to the Terms has no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any provision of the Terms, but this does not affect any right or remedy of such third party which exists or is available apart from that Act.
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in Section 13, Impactree is also not liable for acts of simple negligence (unless they cause injuries to or death of any person), except when they are caused by a breach of any substantial contractual obligations (vertragswesentliche Pflichte